Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Art Display


Started with frame from goodwill, art letters from michaels ('create' was used elsewhere later), and leftover pieces of sheet used for slipcover project.

Spreaded modge podge on frame backing

Covered with fabric piece

Taped it in place on the back

"Painted" modge podge over the fabric

Painted clothes pins (taken apart) with paint (leftover from walls)

I also painted some 1x4s black (paint left from painting built in shelves in playroom)
(art frame was painted with all other frames - using black spray paint)

Then, my husband and I fought with his nailer gun (pneumatic - air compressor kind)
to pop the brads through the clothes pins without splitting them. (We also used wood glue under them.)

He put the clothespins back together for me. (thanks!) :)


The kids love their new space to hang anything and I love not having papers taped to the wall and collaging the front of my fridge...when the art display is full, it's time to rotate works of art.


No comments: