Monday, June 17, 2013

Playroom redo

I promised I would show the before/after playroom re-do, but I haven't gotten around to it. (I was hoping to just copy the post from our family blog without the added work of re-posting here, but I couldn't figure that out.)

So, finally, here it is -

THE BEFORE
 I did clean up before I took those pictures - the flash hides all the marks on the walls and the stains on the carpet - and about half the toys were put into the storage unit (we were on the market for these pictures).
I really think it looks better, even with more stuff in the room, being decorated and coordinated!
What do you think....?

And THE AFTER

 no more smudged rub marks and 'murals' - just nice scrub-able paint and a place for art...the only problem is keeping the art to a reasonable amount!

I am going to add another shelf at table height to hold the drawers/crayons that stay low...and that dora table - that might get redone soon - who needs dora? :)


What? You don't keep a plastic doll crib in your office? Well, we don't either anymore - now there's a horse there! Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's as close as it's going to get for now.

 The messiest toys are in the closet (too bad the door is a pocket door and difficult to shut - otherwise, I'd just shut it every day so I don't have to look at the mess until the weekly major closet cleaning).




My attempt at panoramas for the two longest walls:
(Please disregard the inconsistencies in moulding, etc :) it's not the room - it's the photographer!



No comments: